Cross Country Information-2021
Hi all. Welcome to the 2021 Cross Country season.
The Massey Cross Country Calendar as above has been updated with effect 14 Mar 2021.
See the calendar for the next event and if any questions, please email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross Country Running is for children 7 years old and older, teenagers, and adults of all ages and abilities. The minimum distance run is 2km. Younger children can partake in the Club runs and interclub events but cannot enter in the Auckland Athletics Grand Prix (GP) series of 6 races.
Club events are on Saturday afternoons at 3:00pm at the Massey Athletic Club, 53 Granville Drive Massey.
Interclub events such as relays, fun runs, and competitions are on Saturdays and Sundays at venues all around Auckland.
Event distances for runners with their age as of 31 Dec 2021...
8-10 years old: 2km
11-12 years old: 2-3km
13-14 years old: 3-4km
You are welcome to come along and to give cross country running a go.
During the season there will be...
- Pack runs through the bush trails of Moire Park.
- Fun events and time trials.
- Club relays and races.
- Inter-club relays and races.
Information that you need to know...
- Cross Country is NEVER cancelled. Well...
- Uniform must be worn on club days (Saturdays) and for all competitions.
- Club runs are on Saturday at 3.00pm.
- To help the club to be successful, parental assistance is necessary and much appreciated.
- Races at the other clubs will start at the time set by the host club.
Relays and races are held at different venues all over Auckland.
Glen Eden Relays
ACA Pairs Relay
Massey Trail Relays
Athletics Auckland Road Relay Championships
Cross Country 1 - Barry Curtis Cross Country
Cross Country 2 - Long Bay Cross Country
Cross Country 3 - Pukekohe Cross Country
Cross Country 4 - Athletics Auckland Teams Cross Country
Cross Country 5 - Athletics Auckland Cross Country Championships
Cross Country 6 - Athletics Auckland Road Championships